Friday, September 28, 2012

following the trends

I love Pinterest!! a couple of days ago I purchased some old thread spools at a garage sale. I was quite impressed with having found such treasures so I jumped on Pinterest to find some inspiration and necklace organization was amongst my finds.

I had wanted to do one incorporating a slice of a tree trunk but settled on a scrap of wood we had lying around. First up I draw a wonky heart and then set to it with the Jigsaw.

Next sand and paint it, then sand it down a bit to rough it up. I had some wax lying around so I used that to finish it off.

I do have to say that the finished result is a little brighter than I intended but I am really happy with it and may add to it...something to hang my 3 pairs of earrings from. lucky I don't own much jewelery. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment