Yesterday was a long day, we were both under the weather and my little man was also a bit ratty. By the time Aaron made it in the door at 7pm I was exhausted. So to relax I.. hit the craft room of course, I needed to take my mind off a few things and TV just doesn't hit the spot.
I made a diaper clutch a few months ago, however I saw this one over at Noodle Head and thought I just had to make it. I didn't have any fusible batting so I just used flannel, I also don't really like Velcro so I used a button.
In the noodle head version the lining fabric comes up and over looking like bias around the top... I have no idea how but when you have to put the outer pocket into the inner pocket to sew around the top it was like they were the same depth.. so alas there was nothing spare. Also when I put the travel diaper wipes box in and 1 diaper (there is room for 2 or 3 diapers which is nice) the pocket isn't quite deep enough. :( This is a lesson I refuse to learn even if following a pattern, measure (as in the depth to fit the travel wipes that I buy, they might be different from the one used to make noodle heads pattern) before I cut and sew!! Oh well I love that I was able to use one of the prints I did the other day.