Thursday, March 31, 2011

a week at a glance, part 1

Getting Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts in the mail yesterday, (gotta love birthday cash) was amazing even just a quick flick through left me thinking the woman is a genius and that I may never need another craft book ever again (wanting is another story).
I have watched my friend from Our Ilan & Quinn hand applique circles onto cushion covers and quilts but I've never tried it myself. Anyway seeing it again in Martha's book made me want to try it.

Not having any family close by and the penned in feeling I get in winter lead me to putting my little man in day care for an afternoon a week (he gets as much out of it as I do). So what do I do with myself for 4hrs... that's easy do something craft related. Today I ran a few errands first, which always means a leisurely look through the thrift store, where I bought this gray tee for a dollar.
Then I grabbed a few things from home and headed for fresh baked cookies at A's place, so this is what I put together... not bad for a 1st. Then just for extra detail I hand stitched with embroidery floss around the edge.



On Saturday to escape the sky falling down in my world I went to a local craft space (The Art Station) and just spread out some stuff and set about printing a few things, some new stencils & some old. Oh my goodness it was so relaxing.
Here's what I did, a pen (that I have since added too and will post soon) and the birds from a earlier post.



1 comment: